The Late Breaking News abstract submission is now closed.
Notification letters have been sent on 23 August 2021.
Guidelines for preparation of abstracts
- Abstracts may only be submitted online. Abstracts submitted by fax or email will not be accepted.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English. Please use UK English spelling.
- The presenting author of an accepted abstract mustregister and attend the congress.
- If your abstract has been accepted as e-poster presentation, you will be asked to prepare a poster in electronic format (ePoster). Guidelines will follow based on acceptance of your abstract. Presenting authors will present their posters in e-poster sessions during the congress.
- Abstracts should contain only original material not published or presented elsewhere prior to 13 October 2021.
- Provide a short specific title indicating the nature of the investigation. The background and goals of the study should appear clearly to the reader. The methods and results must contain data, and the conclusions should be clearly expressed.
- The title may not exceed 250 characters including spaces. The abstract text may not be longer than 2500 characters (ca. 300 words) including spaces, excluding disclosures.
- All abbreviations must be defined the first time they appear in your text (but, do not define in the title). Example: Multiple Sclerosis Impact Scale (MSIS), before being used as an abbreviation only.
- Use generic drug names.
- Tables, charts or other graphics may not be included and will be deleted by the editors.
- Authors should indicate their presentation type preference:
- e-poster presentation only
- oral or e-poster presentation
Note: "e-poster presentation only" implies that your abstract will be considered for poster presentation only.
The Scientific Programme Committee reserves the right to decide on the final allocation and presentation method.
Kindly note that an author may only give a maximum of 1 oral presentation that have been selected through submitted abstracts. In case an author has more than 1 oral abstract presentations, the person will be contacted to discuss which abstract will be presented by the author and who will present the other presentation(s) from the list of co-authors. If none of the co-authors can present the abstract, the abstract will no longer be considered for oral presentation.
- A selected number of abstracts will be accepted for oral presentation based on their scientific merits and on their relation to the topics addressed in the scientific programme of the Congress. We therefore encourage submissions on the main topics covered in the scientific programme.
- Disclosure of potential conflict of interest (e.g. grant support, consultancy, membership on advisory councils, speaker’s bureau) by all authors and source of funding aremandatory. Each listed author should prepare a one sentence statement that will be published with the abstract. All disclosures should be listed within the last 3 year.
- Abstracts from commercial entities will be considered. However, abstracts reporting results from collaborative research conducted by independent (non-company) investigators and investigators who are employees of commercial entities will not be accepted unless the independent (academic, clinician and/or scientist) investigators are included as authors. Abstract may not be presented unless the independent investigator is the presenting author.
- Please make sure to state your correct e-mail address. After having submitted your abstract, you will receive a confirmation by e-mail with the following information:
- reference number of your abstract (for correspondence and questions that might arise)
- your personal user code and password.
If you do not receive a confirmation by e-mail please contact email@example.com.
- Should you wish to make corrections to an abstract already submitted or if you wish to submit other abstracts later, you may use your personal access code. This will shorten the submission procedure.
Corrections to abstracts can only be made up to the deadline of 21 July 2021, 23.59h CET.
- We kindly ask you to upload a picture of the presenting author. Please prepare the photo in one of the following formats: JPG or GIF with a max. size of 1 MB.
Each abstract will be reviewed by at least 3 external experts and final selection will be made by the Scientific Programme Committee. Notification of acceptance or rejection of submitted abstracts will be sent to the corresponding authors via email by the end of August 2021. Full instructions concerning preparation and presentation will be included
When contacting the abstract team please refer to the name of the congress.
Abstract hotline: +41 61 686 77 22 (Monday - Friday during CET business hours)