The Scientific Committee welcomes the submission of abstracts for presentation at the 7th Joint ECTRIMS - ACTRIMS Meeting.
Abstract Submission Deadline:
31 May 2017, 23.59 CET
In order to standardise the abstract layout, we kindly ask you to read the guidelines at this link carefully.
Guidelines for preparation of abstracts
- Abstracts may only be submitted online. Abstracts submitted by fax or email will not be accepted.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English. Please use UK English spelling.
- The presenting author of an accepted abstract must register and attend the congress.
- Poster presenters must be present and stand by their posters during their assigned poster sessions.
- Abstracts should contain only original material not published or presented elsewhere prior to 25 October 2017.
- Provide a short specific title indicating the nature of the investigation. The background and goals of the study should appear clearly to the reader. The methods and results must contain data, and the conclusions should be clearly expressed.
- The abstract text may not be longer than 2500 characters including spaces (ca. 300 words).
- All abbreviations must be defined the first time they appear in your text (but, do not define in the title).
Example: Multiple Sclerosis Impact Scale (MSIS), before being used as an abbreviation only.
- Use generic drug names.
- Tables, charts or other graphics may not be included and will be deleted by the editors.
- Authors should indicate their presentation preference:
- poster presentation only
- oral or poster presentation
Note: "Poster presentation only" implies that your abstract will be considered for poster presentation only and will not be eligible for the poster prize (see corresponding paragraph Prizes).
The Scientific Programme Committee reserves the right to decide on the final allocation and presentation method.
- A selected number of abstracts will be accepted for oral presentation based on their scientific merits and on their relation to the topic addressed in the scientific programme of the Congress. We therefore encourage submission on the main topics covered in the scientific programme.
- Disclosure of conflict of interest (e.g. grant support, consultancy, membership on advisory councils, speaker’s bureau) by all authors and source of funding are mandatory. Each listed author should prepare a one sentence statement to this effect.
- Abstracts from commercial entities will be considered. However, abstracts reporting results from collaborative research conducted by independent (non-company) investigators and investigators who are employees of commercial entities will not be accepted unless the independent (academic, clinician and/or scientist) investigators are included as authors.
- Please make sure to state your correct e-mail address. After having submitted your abstract, you will receive a confirmation by e-mail with the following information:
- reference number of your abstract (for correspondence and questions that might arise)
- your personal user code and password.
If you do not receive a confirmation by e-mail please contact msparis2017[at]abstractserver.com
- Should you wish to make corrections to an abstract already submitted or if you wish to submit other abstracts later, you may use your personal access codes. This will shorten the submission procedure.
Corrections to abstracts can only be made up to the deadline of 31 May 2017.
- We kindly ask you to upload a picture of the presenting author. Please prepare the photo in one of the following formats: JPG, GIF or PNG, with a max. size of 1 MB.
Authors are requested to select a topic under which they wish their abstract to be reviewed.
Late Breaking Abstract Submission
The Late Breaking Abstract Submission will open in June 2017 and the deadline is 9th August 2017.
If you have questions regarding abstracts or need assistance, please contact the abstract team at abstracts[at]@congrex.com.
Abstract hotline: +41 61 686 77 22 (Monday - Friday during CET business hours)
For technical questions please contact msparis2017[at]abstractserver.com
Each abstract will be reviewed by 3 - 4 external experts and then by the Scientific Committee. Notification of acceptance or rejections of submitted abstracts will be sent to the corresponding authors via email in August 2017. Full instructions concerning preparation and presentation will be included.
All accepted abstracts (incl. Late Breaking News) will be published in the Multiple Sclerosis Journal Online as well as on the website of the 7th Joint ECTRIMS – ACTRIMS Meeting and in the ECTRIMS Online Library.
Full text of regular abstracts will be published 10 days prior to the congress (15 October 2017) on the congress website. Late Breaking News will be published on the first day of the congress (25 October 2017).
Presentation available on the congress website
Posters and PowerPoint-slides of accepted presentations will be posted on the congress website after the congress.
All authors will be asked to agree to the publication of their actual poster or oral Power-Point-presentation.
If you do not agree, please click the appropriate checkbox during the online abstract submission.